So I was browsing Facebook one fine day and a friend from college did this cool thing where every year she answered the same set of questions. I thought it was a mighty fine idea and decided to steal it . Thanks Leslie aka “Sista”!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Lost 40lbs, got a full time job, moved to Seattle, visited Orlando, parted ways with one dream (church career) to pursue another (technology career) and got my CCNA.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really like making resolutions, I make life changes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not anyone close this year. Steve Jobs died though.
5. What countries did you visit?
Orlando was as far as I got this year. Still need to get my passport.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Even more drive to get to a healthy weight.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 3rd – First day at EMC Isilon
November 20th – Moved to Seattle
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 40 lbs.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sure if it’s a failure.. definitely a lesson though: Regaining ~15lbs after starting at Isilon.. still trying to get back in the groove of working out and eating healthy.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Wasn’t sick once all year (well anything more than 12 hours)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
This would be a hard one.. furniture for the apartment was nice for sure. Also repurchased my laptop since my one I bought last year was stolen (among other things).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Myself.. achieving some major goals and getting healthy!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
President Barack Obama
14. Where did most of your money go?
Nerd stuff, rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
New job and moving to Seattle.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Not sure if there is any song in particular. The Script – Science & Faith and Angels & Airwaves – Love Part II were my two favorite albums this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?
Much happier. Living the dream.. in Seattle.. still hard to believe.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Working out.. really want to get to my goal weight of around 180lbs.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watch TV. Granted I really needed the detox time of zoning out. I definitely wasted a lot of time though.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
No working at the church this year.. yes! Christmas Eve / Day was in Bremerton. 26th.. back to work!
21. How will you be spending New Years?
In Seattle with Andrea, Lee, Nathan and Matt. Good time relaxing.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I haven’t even caught up on TV shows for this season.. very strange for me. Just haven’t had the time to be that lazy. I think Flashpoint (season 4) was my all time favorite this year. Though Suits is pretty epic as well.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I’m not really one for ‘hating’. There are people I prefer to avoid for various reasons.
26. What was the best book you read?
CCNA training materials?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
To name a few Netsky, Ryan Starr, Royal Wood, Plug In Stereo and Playradioplay!… ok and maybe Justin Bieber. I’ll admit it. The kid has talent.
28. What did you want and got?
Pretty much everything. Haha. Consulting and full time job paid for a lot of toys this year.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
25 this year. I don’t really remember exactly what went down. I have a horrible memory.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Lost more weight.. I got lazy due to life getting busy and then not getting back on track.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Hurley & Volcom shirts, jeans, etnies shoes, hoodie. Nothing exciting.
34. What kept you sane?
Music, blue skies and long drives.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ehh.. not one for politics.
37. Who did you miss?
Maggie, Gunnar & Grandma Lind.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm.. I’ll have to give a shout out to Raelynn @ Hospice.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Never Say Never. Haha. No really. I never would have imagined that I would be in the job I am now. The customers I get to work with is mind blowing. Unfortunately, I can’t really list any but it’s legit. Hard to believe that people in these organizations come to myself and my colleagues for help. I have learned so much in my 3 months at EMC Isilon and while it may get stressful and busy.. it’s tons of fun.
Bring it on 2012!